Finished Projects

Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Blanket for Mya

Baby Mya has the distinct honor of being the first baby in our circle of friends. She is so tiny and cute and is lucky to have wonderful parents like Ali and Reem. Needless to say, new baby = baby quilt.

Finished quilt

This quilt was done using a tutorial from 3 Dudes Quilting via the Missouri Star Quilt Co. It's a "tricked up" pinwheel block that I had seen a video for on Pinterest. Each of the blocks came together pretty quickly but I debated for a day on the larger blocks' layout. I used two similar packs of fat eighths I got from JoAnn's and I tried to keep the colors gradated when I made my strip sets.



Ultimately the first one won out. As Sue pointed out, it makes them look like gemstones. Unfortunately, I forgot take a photo of the tag and binding but it was similar to Bella's blanket. I quilted it around the main diamonds about a half inch off the seams. I would've liked the border to have been mitered but it wasn't working out for me and I was running out of time!

Hope it keeps Mya warm this winter!


No comments:

Post a Comment