This quilt was done using a tutorial from 3 Dudes Quilting via the Missouri Star Quilt Co. It's a "tricked up" pinwheel block that I had seen a video for on Pinterest. Each of the blocks came together pretty quickly but I debated for a day on the larger blocks' layout. I used two similar packs of fat eighths I got from JoAnn's and I tried to keep the colors gradated when I made my strip sets.
Ultimately the first one won out. As Sue pointed out, it makes them look like gemstones. Unfortunately, I forgot take a photo of the tag and binding but it was similar to Bella's blanket. I quilted it around the main diamonds about a half inch off the seams. I would've liked the border to have been mitered but it wasn't working out for me and I was running out of time!
|Hope it keeps Mya warm this winter!|