Finished Projects

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Updates

Grandma was "tickled" with her new quilt. That's grandma-speak for really ridiculously* excited. She told my mom that she uses it every night when she's sitting in her chair watching TV, and that she can't believe how warm it is. I used a different batting than I usually do so I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I normally buy the queen size Warm and Natural batting when it's on sale. It's regular price $40 but Jo Ann's will mark it down to $20 from time to time.

This time around, I used a fusible batting by Tailor, I believe, which I found to be a little more difficult to work with. I suppose if you were doing something smaller it would be fine, but I had big problems with getting it to actually fuse to the fabric. In the end, I pinned everything down because I didn't trust it to not move. I also think the batting made the whole quilt a bit too tough.

A pretty simple palate
I've also started a new paper piecing project. This one is a small wall hanging that I can't say much about because it's a gift for someone. Here's a sneak peak at the fabric I'm using. I hope to have it done soon so I can bind it while sitting at work Friday night and send it out Saturday.

My other Top Secret Paper Piecing Project has been irritating me. I think I'm just frustrated with the whole piecing-the-pieces-together part of it. I can't handle mirror images. I'm not Da Vinci, you know.


*And that's Zoolander-speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment